|Exam||P1 Management Accounting)|
|File Name||P1 Management Accounting.certkey.CIMAPRO15-P01-X1-ENG.2019-04-04.1e.33q.vcex|
|Posted||April 04, 2019|
|Download||P1 Management Accounting.certkey.CIMAPRO15-P01-X1-ENG.2019-04-04.1e.33q.vcex|
Files with VCEX & EXAM extensions can be opened by ProfExam Simulator.
With discount: 20%
A company is preparing its annual budget and is estimating the number of units of Product A that it will sell in each quarter of year 2. Past experience has shown that the trend for sales of the product is represented by the following relationship:
y = a + bx where
y = number of sales units in the quarter a = 10,000 units b = 3,000 units x = the quarter number where 1 = quarter 1 of year 1
Actual sales of Product A in Year 1 were affected by seasonal variations and were as follows:
Quarter 1:14,000 units Quarter2: 18,000 units Quarter 3: 18,000 units Quarter 4: 20,000 units
Calculate the expected sales of Product A (in units) for each quarter of year 2, after adjusting for seasonal variations using the additive model.
Correct Answer: B
‘A zero-based budgeting system involves establishing decision packages that are then ranked in order of their relative importance in meeting the organization’s objectives’.
Which of the following is true regarding he difficulties that a not-for-profit organization may experience when trying to rank decision packages.
Select ALL true statements.
Correct Answer: BDEFI
JL is preparing its cash budget for the next three quarters. The following data have
been extracted from the operational budgets:
Correct Answer: E
Assume that you have made profit calculations based on standard profit calculation methods and activity based costing methods.
In which ways will this information be beneficial to the management team?
Select all the true statements.
Correct Answer: ABD
Explain the advantages of management participation in budget setting and the potential problems that may arise in the use of the resulting budget as a control mechanism.
Select all the correct answers.
Correct Answer: ABCDE
JRL manufactures two products from different combinations of the same resources. Unit selling prices and unit cost details for each product are as follows:
Correct Answer: AD
A master budget comprises the...
Correct Answer: D
RFT, an engineering company, has been asked to provide a quotation for a contract to build a new engine. The potential customer is not a current customer of RFT, but the directors of RFT are keen to try and win the contract as they believe that this may lead to more contracts in the future. As a result, they intend pricing the contract using relevant costs. The following information has been obtained from a two-hour meeting that the Production Director of RFT had with the potential customer. The Production Director is paid an annual salary equivalent to $1,200 per 8-hour day. 110 square meters of material A will be required. This is a material that is regularly used by RFT and there are 200 square meters currently in inventory. These were bought at a cost of $12 per square meter. They have a resale value of $10.50 per square meter and their current replacement cost is $12.50 per square meter. 30 liters of material B will be required. This material will have to be purchased for the contract because it is not otherwise used by RFT. The minimum order quantity from the supplier is 40 liters at a cost of $9 per liter. RFT does not expect to have any use for any of this material that remains after this contract is completed. 60 components will be required. These will be purchased from HY. The purchase price is $50 per component. A total of 235 direct labour hours will be required. The current wage rate for the appropriate grade of direct labour is $11 per hour. Currently RFT has 75 direct labour hours of spare capacity at this grade that is being paid under a guaranteed wage agreement. The additional hours would need to be obtained by either (i) overtime at a total cost of $14 per hour; or (ii) recruiting temporary staff at a cost of $12 per hour. However, if temporary staff are used they will not be as experienced as RFT’s existing workers and will require 10 hours supervision by an existing supervisor who would be paid overtime at a cost of $18 per hour for this work. 25 machine hours will be required. The
machine to be used is already leased for a weekly leasing cost of $600. It has a capacity of 40 hours per week. The machine has sufficient available capacity for the contract to be completed. The variable running cost of the machine is $7 per hour. The company absorbs its fixed overhead costs using an absorption rate of $20 per direct labour hour.
Select ALL the true statements.
Correct Answer: BCDG
A company has to choose between three mutually exclusive projects. Market research has shown that customers could react to the projects in three different ways depending on their preferences. There is a 30% chance that customers will exhibit preferences 1, a 20% chance they will exhibit preferences 2 and a 50% chance they will exhibit preferences 3. The company uses expected value to make this type of decision.
The net present value of each of the possible outcomes is as follows:
Correct Answer: B
A medium-sized manufacturing company, which operates in the electronics industry, has employed a firm of consultants to carry out a review of the company’s planning and control systems. The company presently uses a traditional incremental budgeting system and the inventory management system is based on economic order quantities (EOQ) and reorder levels. The company’s normal production patterns have changed significantly over the previous few years as a result of increasing demand for customized products. This has resulted in shorter production runs and difficulties with production and resource planning.
The consultants have recommended the implementation of activity based budgeting and a manufacturing resource planning system to improve planning and resource management.
Select ALL the benefits for the company that could occur following the introduction of an activity based budgeting system.
Correct Answer: ACDF